By Guy Points
Read Online or Download A Gazetteer of Anglo-Saxon and Viking Sites: County Durham & Northumberland PDF
Similar archaeology books
The Bronze Age used to be a formative interval in ecu background while the business enterprise of landscapes, settlements, and economic climate reached a brand new point of complexity. This e-book offers the 1st in-depth, comparative research of loved ones economic climate and payment in 3 micro-regions: the Mediterranean (Sicily), critical Europe (Hungary), and northern Europe (South Scandinavia).
Initially released in 1991, this can be the 1st book-length exploration of post-structuralist discourse concept in archaeology. It tackles the main simple challenge of old and archaeological research - the connection among textual content and artefact – in an research of prehistoric paintings fusing idea and the perform of interpretation to create a clean framework for figuring out the connection among prior and current.
This ebook explores features of the traditional civilization in West Asia, which has had an outstanding impression on glossy human society—agriculture, metallurgy, towns, writing, nearby states, and monotheism, all of which seemed first in West Asia through the 10th to first millennia BC. The editors in particular use the time period "West Asia" because the "Middle East" is visible as an Eurocentric time period.
Sustainability strives to fulfill the wishes of the current with no compromising the long run, yet more and more acknowledges the tradeoffs between those many desires. Who merits? Who bears the weight? How are those tough judgements made? Are humans conscious of those difficult offerings? This well timed quantity brings the views of ethnography and archaeology to endure on those questions via interpreting case experiences from around the globe.
- Israel's Ethnogenesis: Settlement, Interaction, Expansion and Resistance (Approaches to Anthropological Archaeology)
- Mountains of Silver and Rivers of Gold: The Phoenicians in Iberia (UBC Studies in the Ancient World)
- The Archaeology of Mobility: Old World and New World Nomadism (Cotsen Advanced Seminar Book 4)
- These "Thin Partitions": Bridging the Growing Divide between Cultural Anthropology and Archaeology
- The Archaeology of Slavery and Plantation Life (Studies in Historical Archaeology)
- Bridging the Divide: Indigenous Communities and Archaeology into the 21st Century (One World Archaeology)
Extra info for A Gazetteer of Anglo-Saxon and Viking Sites: County Durham & Northumberland
A Gazetteer of Anglo-Saxon and Viking Sites: County Durham & Northumberland by Guy Points