By Michael Lund,Steve McDonald
The participants persist with a scientific evaluate framework, together with a typical set of questions for interviewing members to organize similar effects from a collection of numerous situations. Their findings weigh the successes and screw ups of this actual method of clash solution and draw conclusions concerning the stipulations below which such interactive techniques paintings, in addition to examine the viewers and the methodologies used.
This paintings good points study performed together with the operating workforce on combating and Rebuilding Failed States, convened by means of the Wilson Center’s undertaking on management and construction kingdom Capacity.
Read or Download Across the Lines of Conflict: Facilitating Cooperation to Build Peace PDF
Similar war & peace books
This ebook establishes new idea and information within the quarter of 3rd zone corporations (TSOs) in Asia. Its objective is to attract the eye of Asia's TSOs to the significance of excellent governance. The publication files various ways, and identifies socio-cultural, financial, and political dynamics and affects of other versions of TSO governance.
Rebels of the South! it's larger to die in your toes than to live to tell the tale your knees. —Inscription dated April eleven, 1919, someday after the assassination of Emiliano Zapata, carved on a put up on the Borda backyard in Cuernavaca, obvious via Frank Tannenbaum in 1923. Peace via Revolution, An Interpretation of Mexico (New York, 1933), page179.
Heo conceptualizes reconciliation in diplomacy thought and fills a spot by way of development a theoretical framework for interstate reconciliation. Combining old and political medical techniques, she analyses case stories from Europe, the center East, and Northeast Asia.
This booklet provides post-peace contract violence as a significant, but predictable and potential, political phenomenon. Negotiating an finish to a civil warfare is intensely tricky, and plenty of signed peace agreements consequently resolve, ushering in renewed clash. In reaction, very important foreign actors became more and more concerned about clash mediation, peacekeeping, and post-conflict reconstruction worldwide.
- Business, Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding: Contributions from the private sector to address violent conflict (Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- No Solution: The Labour Government and the Northern Ireland Conflict, 1974-79
- Changing Power Relations in Northeast Asia: Implications for Relations between Japan and South Korea (European Institute of Japanese Studies East Asian Economics and Business Series)
- In Battle for Peace (The Oxford W. E. B. Du Bois): The Story of My 83rd Birthday
- Preventing Violent Conflict in Africa: Inequalities, Perceptions and Institutions (Conflict, Inequality and Ethnicity)
- A New Era of Nonviolence: The Power of Civil Society Over War
Additional resources for Across the Lines of Conflict: Facilitating Cooperation to Build Peace
Across the Lines of Conflict: Facilitating Cooperation to Build Peace by Michael Lund,Steve McDonald