By David O. Moberg
- What are the non secular wishes of individuals later in existence?
- Is there any good facts that prayer alterations issues?
- How is spirituality with regards to actual and psychological healthiness?
- Does spirituality topic whilst humans understand they're demise?
- How do we degree religious well being and check the results of actions meant to reinforce it?
- Will realization to spirituality irritate or alleviate the losses--of associates, relatives, overall healthiness, youth--that so frequently happen in the course of outdated age?
Aging and Spirituality presents a much-needed source for future health care execs, clergy, social staff, and counselors operating with geriatric consumers. by way of integrating non secular matters into the theoretical framework of social gerontology, getting older and Spirituality can assist you realize the medical foundations, useful functions, and public coverage implications of spirituality for older adults.
Read or Download Aging and Spirituality: Spiritual Dimensions of Aging Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy PDF
Similar aging parents books
By no means in human historical past have there been such a lot of humans coming into previous age—roughly one-third of whom will adventure a few type of neurodegeneration as they age. This seismic demographic shift will strength us all to reconsider how we are living and take care of our getting older inhabitants. Susan H. McFadden and John T. McFadden suggest a thorough reconstruction of our societal realizing of outdated age.
This ebook examines the major getting older strategies in seven international locations (United States, uk, Sweden, Japan, China, Nepal, and South Africa) and the most regulations which have been, and are being, built to house this quick switch within the demographic profile. It addresses the issues which are pointed out in addition to the good points of getting older inside each one of those contrasting societies.
There’s a dearth of data at the daily lives of the energetic and so-called “nearly elderly”—those sixty years of age and older. As is the case in any degree of lifestyles, it's infinitely more straightforward to stand the chance of growing old if one has a few inkling approximately what to anticipate. For all these older in addition to more youthful people who find themselves fascinated by the perceptions and reviews of getting older fogeys, previous and chilly bargains light-hearted but practical perception.
En juillet 2011, Charly Hédrich est hospitalisé d'urgence. Après dix ans de maladie d'Alzheimer, son fils prend brusquement sense of right and wrong que son père va mourir. Il va lui rendre visite, tenter de comprendre cette maladie qu'il a longtemps ignorée. Le père hyperactif, généreux à l'extrême, est devenu un vieillard, muet et figé.
- Older Women With Chronic Pain
- Centers for Ending: The Coming Crisis in the Care of Aged People (Caregiving: Research • Practice • Policy)
- Germany's New Security Demographics: Military Recruitment in the Era of Population Aging (Demographic Research Monographs)
- Loving Later Life: An Ethics of Aging
- How To Die Without Killing Your Family
- Plus vieille la vie...: Mais belle encore ? - Essai (French Edition)
Extra info for Aging and Spirituality: Spiritual Dimensions of Aging Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy
Aging and Spirituality: Spiritual Dimensions of Aging Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy by David O. Moberg