By Vera R Jackson
- Rehabilitation: Dispels the parable that older folks cannot holiday long term conduct and study new issues that might enhance their lives.
- Intergenerational Transmission: Discusses family-oriented and cultural values which are handed down from new release to new release through oral tradition.
- Coping with existence occasions: Addresses proverbs as coping mechanisms for surviving the social transitions of life.
- Health and future health Care: Dispels the parable that a few future health care practices are taboo between older persons.
- Cultural and family members Ties: Discusses proverbs because the cornerstone of family members sharing concerning life’s lessons.
- Spirituality: Contrasts African American religiosity with spirituality. Discusses proverbs as messages of religion and hope.Any one that offers providers to older persons--social staff, counselors, physicians, nurses, ministers and different individuals of the clergy, speech and actual therapists, rehabilitation counselors, and kinfolk therapists--can make the most of utilizing proverbs, as proven during this ebook, of their care approach.
Read Online or Download Aging Families and Use of Proverbs for Values Enrichment PDF
Similar aging parents books
By no means in human background have there been such a lot of humans coming into outdated age—roughly one-third of whom will event a few kind of neurodegeneration as they age. This seismic demographic shift will strength us all to reconsider how we are living and take care of our getting older inhabitants. Susan H. McFadden and John T. McFadden suggest an intensive reconstruction of our societal realizing of outdated age.
This ebook examines the major getting older methods in seven international locations (United States, uk, Sweden, Japan, China, Nepal, and South Africa) and the most guidelines which were, and are being, constructed to house this speedy switch within the demographic profile. It addresses the issues which are pointed out in addition to the good points of getting older inside each one of those contrasting societies.
There’s a dearth of knowledge at the daily lives of the lively and so-called “nearly elderly”—those sixty years of age and older. As is the case in any level of lifestyles, it truly is infinitely more straightforward to stand the possibility of growing older if one has a few inkling approximately what to anticipate. For all these older in addition to more youthful those who are fascinated with the perceptions and reports of getting older parents, previous and chilly deals light-hearted but practical perception.
En juillet 2011, Charly Hédrich est hospitalisé d'urgence. Après dix ans de maladie d'Alzheimer, son fils prend brusquement sense of right and wrong que son père va mourir. Il va lui rendre visite, tenter de comprendre cette maladie qu'il a longtemps ignorée. Le père hyperactif, généreux à l'extrême, est devenu un vieillard, muet et figé.
- Family and Aging Policy
- Improving Competence Across the Lifespan: Building Interventions Based on Theory and Research
- Elder Tales: Stories of Wisdom and Courage from Around the World
- Aging, Health, and Longevity in the Mexican-Origin Population (Social Disparities in Health and Health Care)
Additional resources for Aging Families and Use of Proverbs for Values Enrichment
Aging Families and Use of Proverbs for Values Enrichment by Vera R Jackson