By Robert Holley P,Robert P. Holley
Honoring the paintings of Ruth C. Carter upon her retirement as editor of Cataloging & category Quarterly, Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar is a different assortment that includes 21 articles from specialists within the box. Celebrating Dr. Carter’s commitment to technical prone, cataloging, heritage, and administration, those essays bear in mind all of the vital points of her lifestyles and profession. the $64000 compendium additionally comprises an interview with Dr. Carter and a overview of Cataloging & type Quarterly (CCQ) in the course of her two decades at its helm.
In 4 elements, this wide-ranging assortment comprises articles that not just span the size and breadth of Dr. Carter’s expert occupation, but additionally current new contributions to the sphere. the 1st part of Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar considers Dr. Carter’s own historical past and direct effect on CCQ in addition to what she sees as key matters in cataloging first and foremost of the twenty first century. The reviews partly take a world examine cataloging and bibliographic historical past whereas new study within the box is gifted partly 3. ultimately, half 4 bargains papers that think of present traits in addition to attainable instructions for the rising electronic destiny.
Chapters in Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar comprise:
- a commemorative biographical comic strip of Ruth Carter
- an interview the place she discusses her profession as a librarian, archivist, historian, and long-time editor
- a finished overview of the contents of Cataloging & class Quarterly from 1990-2006
- an research of the provision of books and interpreting fabrics in Monroe County, Indiana, via 1850
- annotation as a misplaced paintings in cataloging early twentieth-century British libraries
- twenty-five years of bibliographic regulate study on the collage of Bradford
- the Italian cataloging culture and its relationships with the foreign culture
- technical providers and tenure impediments and techniques
- the works phenomenon and most sensible promoting books
- measuring typographical mistakes’ impression on retrieval in bibliographic databases
- assembly the desires of designated structure catalogers
- reproduction cataloging for print and video monographs in educational libraries
- balancing ideas, perform, and pragmatics in a altering electronic setting
- the advance of data buildings on the web
- and may perhaps more!
a distinct compilation of the various matters that seemed in CCQ in the course of Dr. Carter’s 20-year tenure, Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar is an informative source for librarians, LTS pros, catalogers, scholars, educators, and researchers.
Read or Download Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter PDF
Best publishing & books books
Shamanism is a part of the non secular lifetime of approximately all local North american citizens. This bibliography offers the reader entry to a wealth of data on shamanism from the Bering Strait to the Mexican border and from Maine to Florida. It comprises articles and books targeting the religious connections of local americans to the realm via shamans.
Giochino Rossini: A examine and knowledge consultant is designed as a device for these commencing to research the lifestyles and works of Gioachino Rossini in addition to in the event you desire to discover past the validated biographies and commentaries. the 1st variation used to be released in 2001, and represented a survey of a few 878 courses when it comes to the composer’s existence and works.
Examine guides have consistently been key to development a winning occupation in technological know-how, but little if any formal tips is out there to younger scientists on tips to get examine papers peer reviewed, permitted, and released by way of prime clinical journals. With What Editors wish, Philippa J. Benson and Susan C.
A bibliographical advisor to the works in American libraries about the Christian missionary event in China.
- The Cambridge History of Early Modern English Literature (The New Cambridge History of English Literature)
- Human Settlements: An Annotated Bibliography
- Asbestos: Directory of Unpublished Studies
- Anonymity in Early Modern England: 'What's In A Name?' (Annals of English Drama)
Extra resources for Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter
Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter by Robert Holley P,Robert P. Holley